ஜீவனின் அப்பம் - Jeevanin Appam | Sung by Daniel G. Veerasingam | Tamil Christian Song | Sri Lanka

 


Sung by
Late. Mr Daniel G. Veerasingam

Written and Composed by
Late. Mr K. S. Arulraja

Music added to the recorded voice by
Ebenezer Breman

Back in 2010, I was a student in Bangalore. I had come home on vacation and heard my beloved father Late Mr Daniel G. Veerasingam singing one of his favourite songs "Jeevanin Appam", written and composed by Late. Mr K. S. Arulraja. I had this song recorded on my mobile phone and kept it a secret as Appa continued to sing with the Methodist Hymnal in his hands. Later when I returned to Bangalore, with the help of my friend Jinto George lending his musical instruments and recording tools, I tried my best to filter the recorded voice and added this music. I posted this song from Bangalore to Batticaloa, written in an audio CD, to surprise my father. It indeed surprised him! Today, almost a decade after, when I listen to his voice singing this song, the song makes more sense to me. He entered into glory on 27th November 2020, and all that he yearned for in this song is surely received by him through God's promise of eternal life. I have made it a video and sharing it with you all in this time when I am remembering the life of faith and example that my beloved father has left behind.




Comments

Popular Posts